Are you like me and like to wait til the very last minute to buy gifts? Maybe you’re looking for the perfect Father’s day gift for your whitetail addicted dad, brother, etc? Or maybe you just want to give your significant other some ideas in regards to what they should get you? Either way, we’ve put together 5 great Father’s Day gift ideas for whitetail freaks like us. These gifts were selected to be particularly useful gifts to recieve this time of year! Anything on this list should help you learn more or better prepare for the upcoming deer season!
1. Thermacell: Want to be outside this summer velvet scouting or hanging treestands and trailcams? If so, you’re going to be battling mosquitos and the best defense I’ve found for these lil buggers is a Thermacell. For somewhere between $20 and $30, this gift will help you or whoever you’re buying for enjoy their summer prepping for deer season a lot more!
2. Quality Deer Management Association Membership: Looking for the perfect gift for someone getting into managing their deer herd or beginning to plant food plots? A QDMA membership could be the perfect gift. For only $30, you or your recipient will get 6 issues of Quality Whitetails (one of the absolute best hunting magazines), access to tons of great information and events, and you’ll be able to help the #1 whitetail conservation organization to boot!
3. Sitka Core Crew Short Sleeve Shirt: If you’re planning on being outside working this summer, you’re going to want a Sitka Core Crew short sleeve shirt. New for 2011, these lightweight shirts excel at wicking away moisture and eliminating odor through silver encapsulated technology. With the option to get this shirt in Forest or Open Country Optifade camo, it’s the perfect shirt to get you comfortable and hidden while scouting late summer bucks with the camera or spotting scope! Only $50.
4. Hooyman Extendable Saw: If you or your lucky Father’s Day gift receiver is planning on prepping treestands and cutting shooting lanes this summer, they need a Hooyman saw. When carrying around, it’s only about 3 feet long and easily slung over the shoulder, but when you’re ready to work on a tree, you can extend this saw to 10 feet! (But if you can wait til August for a saw, you’ll want to check out the Wicked Tree Gear hand saw, more on this another day)
5. Deer & Deer Hunting Premium Collection – How To Effectively Hunt Pressured Bucks: Here’s an incredible deal for the whitetail knowledge hungry father in your life. Deer & Deer Hunting magazine has put together an incredible collection of resources and packaged them together into one heck of a bargain deal! This package is essentially the holy grail of information for anyone that hunts high pressure deer, like those in Michigan, New York, Pennsylvania, etc. Included is the 3 DVD set, Bowhunting Pressured Whitetails, from John Eberhart, Season 5 DVD of Deer & Deer Hunting TV, several online courses related to high pressure hunting and lots more. This is really a steal for only $59!
Any more ideas? We’d love to hear em! Otherwise good luck buying for the fathers in your life and make sure to send this post to anyone that considers you a good dad! Happy early Father’s Day!