In Episode #3 of The Wired To Hunt Podcast we’re bringing big buck killing legend Dan Infalt on to the show to discuss scouting and hunting for heavily pressured whitetails. Dan Infalt has killed over 30 P&Y whitetails while hunting mostly public or heavily pressured private lands, and he’s shared countless amounts of hunting wisdom on his website TheHuntingBeast.com, in his DVDs Hunting Marsh Bucks and Hunting Hill Country Bucks and in various articles and magazine features over the years.
Dan Infalt is one of the true DIY masters of big buck hunting, and we’re extremely excited for you to hear this episode. It is absolutely jam-packed with whitetail wisdom, insights and info.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Why it’s important to scout during the spring before “green-up”
– What to look for when scouting for mature whitetails
– How to identify buck bedding areas
– How to use sightings of rubs and scrapes while scouting to inform your hunting strategy
– How to hunt bucks in or near their bedding areas
– How Dan Infalt uses trail cameras to determine when and where to hunt big bucks
– And much more!
Show Notes, Resources, and Links:
– Here’s the link to Dan’s forum TheHuntingBeast.com, the Deer Talk forum is host to tons of great discussions on hunting mature bucks.
– During the podcast Dan discusses the biggest buck he ever shot and how he scouted and hunted him. Here’s a link to the full story and pictures – The Tale of Dan Infalt’s Two Year Quest For A 180 Class Swamp Buck
– Here’s a link to more information on how Dan scouts swamps and marshes
– In this article Dan elaborates on his tactics for using trail cameras
– This link will take you to a list of all of his other articles for Wired To Hunt