In Episode #7 of The Wired To Hunt Podcast we’re chatting with Lee & Tiffany Lakosky of the Outdoor Channel’s “The Crush with Lee & Tiffany“. This isn’t your usual interview with Lee & Tiffany though, in this episode we discuss how Lee & Tiffany would hunt, if they weren’t “Lee & Tiffany” of outdoor TV stardom. If they didn’t have the land, the sponsors and the big equipment – how would they go about chasing mature whitetails?
This is Lee & Tiffany as you’ve probably never heard them, as they share some of the core strategies and concepts that have helped them get on big deer and that can help anyone, no matter what their circumstances.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– How Lee Lakosky hunted and killed mature bucks in Minnesota on private land (by permission) and public ground before his TV show stardom
– The “secret” to big buck killing success – regardless of where you hunt, how much money you have, or what kind of land you own (Spoiler alert: I wrote about this same “secret” just a few weeks ago –> The Secret To Killing Big Bucks?)
– How and why Lee & Tiffany use trail cameras on their properties today
– How many trail cameras you need for a given property, and how you can lower that number w/ proper camera placement and attractants
– Lee Lakosky’s very unique strategy for managing and using human pressure on his hunting properties
– How Lee & Tiffany would hunt if their current hunting properties were taken away, and they could only hunt an 80 acre piece they had permission on
– Lee’s advice for property owners on improving a habitat for whitetails
– How Lee & Tiffany decide where to plant food plots and what their strategy is behind this
– Lee & Tiffany’s thoughts on entry and exit routes, and how they plan these access routes on their properties
– If you make it to the end, you’ll get to hear about Lee & Tiffany’s single greatest learning experience as hunters
– And much, much more!
Show Notes, Resources, Links:
– As I mentioned early in the interview, the Lakoskys worked on a book a few years ago, which you can see at THIS LINK
– To get more information about Lee & Tiffany and their show, visit TheCrush.tv
– And if you’d like to check out Dan’s new blog, visit NineFingerChronicles.com
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our guide to the “Top 10 Must Have Resources for the Whitetail Addict” for FREE!