In Episode #11 of the Wired To Hunt Podcast we’re diving deep into the topic of food plots and joining us is the 2004 QDMA Deer Manager of the Year, a wildlife habitat consultant and author of the new book Food Plot Success By Design, this is Jeff Sturgis.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– How and why Jeff Sturgis looks at food plot location and design so strategically
– How Jeff makes sure that all habitat improvements on his properties relate to each other
– What the “attract and repel” risk of food plotting is, and why you want to make sure you don’t do it
– Our favorite cold beverages to enjoy after a long day of work
– How you can use food plots to direct and influence how deer travel through your property
– What a beginner food plotter should think through before trying to plant a plot
– Tips for establishing food plots in poor soil conditions
– Some very interesting ideas for how you might be able to establish food plots, even if you don’t own land
– What you can achieve with food plots, beyond just improving nutrition available and attracting deer for hunting
– How to set up tree stands in relation to food plots
– Helpful tips for hunting public land
– Why “consistent diversity” is important when choosing what to plant in your food plots
– And much, much more!
Show Notes, Resources, Links:
– To learn more about Jeff Sturgis, his consulting business or his new book “Food Plot Success By Design” visit WhitetailHabitatSolutions.com
– If you’re still not convinced about the incredible wealth of knowledge Jeff Sturgis has to offer, here’s a link to my full review of his new book
– Here’s a link to the other food plotting book Jeff mentioned, “Ultimate Deer Food Plots” by Ed Spinazzola.
– Another great food plotting resource is “Quality Food Plots” published by the QDMA
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our guide to the “Top 10 Must Have Resources for the Whitetail Addict” for FREE!