In Episode #15 of The Wired To Hunt Podcast we’re breaking down the hunt for mature bucks with Jeff Danker, host of Major League Bowhunter on Sportsman Channel. Specifically, we’re discussing how to break down new properties and how to develop smart strategies for killing the biggest, oldest bucks around. I really enjoyed this episode and I think you will too.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– How Jeff Danker accidentally got into the hunting industry
– What kind of success Jeff was having chasing big whitetails before he got into TV
– The most embarrassing songs that Jeff, Dan and I have in our collections
– How Jeff Danker, Chipper Jones and Matt Duffy select and scout new properties to hunt
– How Jeff breaks down his season to determine where and when to hunt certain states or areas throughout the course of the year
– How trail cameras are used by Jeff to develop a hunting strategy, but why he also cautions how you use them
– Jeff’s thoughts on treestand placement, run-and-gun set-ups, and trimming shooting lanes
– Some interesting insight into how many times you should hunt a stand, which stands can be hunted more often than others, and what makes a “bullet-proof” set
– Jeff’s perspective on how hunters should think about wind direction when hunting mature bucks
– Tips for decoying and some unique advice on placement for your decoy
– Advice on how to learn from your failures while hunting
– And much more!
Show Notes, Resources, Links:
– To watch previous episodes or to learn more about Major League Bowhunter, visit MajorLeagueBowhunter.com
– Also be sure to follow Jeff and the crew on the Major League Bowhunter Facebook page
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our guide to the “Top 10 Must Have Resources for the Whitetail Addict” for FREE!
Enjoy this podcast today? Please share it with your fellow huntin buddies!