Today on the Wired To Hunt Podcast we’re joined by Bill Winke, accomplished whitetail writer and creator of MidwestWhitetail.com and Midwest Whitetail TV. Our topic of discussion? The art of hunting one, specific buck. There are few goals in the hunting world more thrilling, but equally frustrating as chasing a single, specific buck but Bill Winke has proven he can do it on the biggest and oldest bucks in the woods. So if you’ve ever set your sights on “the one” but have struggled to get it done, this is the episode for you.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– How Bill Winke got into seriously hunting whitetails and how that led him to start MidwestWhitetail.com and Midwest Whitetail TV
– The story of his four year hunt for the “Double G4 Buck”
– How to determine the right balance between moving in to hunt “your buck” and waiting for the right conditions
– How to use trail cameras to develop a pattern for a specific buck
– Bill Winke’s “cast a wide net” strategy for narrowing down a buck’s core range
– Why Bill Winke believes that sometimes the oldest deer become the easiest to hunt (in certain situations)
– How to handle failure when chasing a single deer
– What Dan and I have learned in our personal quests for a single buck over the past few years
– And much more!
Show Notes, Resources, Links:
– To see weekly videos from Bill Winke and his team throughout the hunting season visit MidwestWhitetail.com
– Be sure to watch Midwest Whitetail with Bill Winke on the Sportsman Channel as well
– To see the full story of Dan’s hunt for “Shipwreck” you can read an online archived version of the story that was published in North American Whitetail magazine, after Sam Collora ended up killing him
– To follow my three year hunt for the buck I call “Six Shooter” watch our final episode of our 2013 video series
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our guide to the “Top 10 Must Have Resources for the Whitetail Addict” for FREE!
Enjoy this podcast today? Please share it with your fellow huntin buddies!