Today on The Wired To Hunt Podcast we’re talking about our goals, hopes,and hit-lists for 2014. Deer season is only weeks away and we’re dreaming big today. So grab a refreshing beverage, settle in and get ready to get stoked for the upcoming season.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– The story of my mid-August trip to Southern Ohio to prep our hunting property before the season
– Details on my 2014 hit-list in Ohio
– The latest update on the hunt for my top two bucks from Ohio last year, Glenn and Jawbreaker (both of them are GIANTS this year!)
– Updates on Dan’s plans for the 2014 season and why he’s sacrificing the majority of his rut-hunting to help a friend
– The full scoop on Dan’s 2014 Iowa hit-list including a buck named after me, Mark Kenyon!
– The allure of building history with a specific deer and building a strategy for hunting him
– What kind of criteria or standards we set for the deer we plan to target this season
– Our thoughts on the impact that the hunting media has made on people’s expectations and goals for hunting
– Some thoughts on the choices people make regarding the quality of deer they kill
– My personal goals for the 2014 hunting season, not related to killing a deer
– Dan’s personal goals for the upcoming season
– How the goals of hunters typically evolve over time
– And much more!
Show Notes, Resources, Links:
– Here’s a link to a recap of my Southern Ohio trip and pictures of most of the bucks I mentioned on the podcast –> This Is What A Hit-List Explosion Looks Like
– Check out photos of Dan’s hit-list bucks from his last card pull in July –> The Velvet Rut – 2nd Card Pull
– As we discussed at the end of the podcast, the National Deer Alliance needs your support as they work to unify deer hunters and advocate for deer and deer hunting. Visit www.NationalDeerAlliance.com to become a member today (it’s free!)
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our guide to the “Top 10 Must Have Resources for the Whitetail Addict” for FREE!
Enjoy this podcast today? Please share it with your fellow huntin buddies!