Today on the show we’re doing something a little bit different, as Dan and I discuss why and how we planned our first non-whitetail big game hunts out west, and why you might want to consider a similar adventure. This episode is sure to get you dreaming big, so settle in, and enjoy.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– The status report on Dan’s Nebraska mule deer trip
– Thoughts on goals and standards for a first-time western big game hunt
– Why Dan and I both decided to to head out west to hunt other big game
– Thoughts on setting proper expectations for a first-time non-whitetail hunt
– The importance of being on point at all times on a spot and stalk western hunt
– Tips for preparing for a first-time western hunt
– The importance of physical preparation
– Thoughts on gear for a western hunting road trip
– Advice for first time mule deer or elk hunts
– Importance of enjoying the experience
– Why we think every whitetail hunter needs to experience something different
– And much more!
Show Notes, Resources, Links:
– Looking for advice when planning your first elk hunting trip? Check out the resource my pal Mark Huelsing has put together at SoleAdventure.com
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our guide to the “Top 10 Must Have Resources for the Whitetail Addict” for FREE!
Enjoy this podcast today? Please share it with your fellow huntin buddies!