Today on the show we’re joined by Michael Hunsucker and Shawn Luchtel of Heartland Bowhunter and we’re going to be discussing their early season hunts so far, and then focus the rest of the show on how to film and photograph your hunts like a pro. Lots to learn in this episode, so settle in and enjoy!
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– The story of who and what Heartland Bowhunter is
– What song Mike Hunsucker and Shawn Luchtel of Heartland Bowhunter would choose to sing at a karaoke bar
– An update on Mike and Shawn’s early season hunts, including Shawn’s North Dakota whitetail and the inside scoop on why the HB team loves their annual North Dakota hunt so much
– An update on my early season hunts in Ohio, and all of our plans for upcoming hunts across Michigan, Missouri and Iowa
– Equipment recommendations for someone wanting to just get started filming their own hunts
– Recommendations on how to set-up and film your own hunts
– Advice on properly setting up a tree for a hunter and cameraman
– What gear upgrades and technique changes should be made for a guy that’s trying to take filming hunts to the next level
– Recommendations on equipment for taking quality photographs of your hunts and trophies
– Advice on selecting a lens for DSLR cameras
– What manual settings you need to understand to properly utilize a DSLR camera
– Tips for properly setting up photographs of you and your buck
– Advice on how to properly use lighting and the sun to get quality photos
– The scoop on Heartland Bowhunter’s new online series “Behind the Draw”
– At the end of the episode, we announce who won our Podcast review contest from last week and who will be the proud owner of a Trophy Ridge Static Stabilizer, Carbon Express lighted nocks and a Wired To Hunt hat!
– And much, much more!
Show Notes, Resources, Links:
– If you’re interested in more details on Shawn’s ND whitetail hunt, as well as a bonus story about some mule deer success he had this fall, check out our recent blog post – Shawn Luchtel of Heartland Bowhunter Kicks Off Season With 2 Early Bucks
– For more on Heartland Bowhunter, visit HeartlandBowhunter.com
– To keep up to date on the HB crew, be sure to Like the Heartland Bowhunter Facebook page
– Be sure to check out Carbon TV to watch Heartland Bowhunter’s new online series “Behind the Draw”
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our guide to the “Top 10 Must Have Resources for the Whitetail Addict” for FREE!
Enjoy this podcast today? Please share it with your fellow huntin buddies!