Today on the show we’re going to be discussing a topic that has been weighing heavily on me over the past week. This is the story of my hunt for the 6.5 year old, 160″+ buck known as Jawbreaker, and lessons learned from losing a deer.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– The full story from Day 1 of my 2013 season in Ohio up through last week, of my hunt for the 6.5 year old 160″+ buck known as Jawbreaker
– All the details of my hunt last Wednesday night when I got a shot at Jawbreaker, why and how I put that hunting strategy together and how the shot went down
– The full scoop on the track job for Jawbreaker
– Thoughts on the mistakes I believe I might have made and some lessons to be learned from this experience
– Advice for others from Dan and I on how to deal with losing a deer and what you need to do to help yourself move on
– Also, I forgot to mention it at the end of the podcast, but regarding speeding – I got pulled over at 1:00 AM for speeding on the way home from Ohio. But the cop asked me why I had a camo bag and that eventually led to me telling him the story of my hunt and subsequent failed track job. In the end he let me off with a warning!
– And much, much more!
Show Notes, Resources, Links:
– Be sure to subscribe to The Wired To Hunt YouTube channel to get updated when the Jawbreakers are launched
– Here’s the link to the video of my first encounter with Jawbreaker back in 2013
– Check out this blog post to see some trail camera photos of Jawbreaker from the summer of 2014
– Stay up to date on how Dan’s season is going over at The Nine Finger Chronicles and check out his most recent update on his hunts with Ryan Eyberg here
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our guide to the “Top 10 Must Have Resources for the Whitetail Addict” for FREE!
Enjoy this podcast today? Please share it with your fellow huntin buddies!