Today on the show Dan and I are discussing late season hunting plans and problems. If you’re hoping to still fill that buck tag in these last weeks of the season, this episode is for you. Enjoy!
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– The story of my debacle of a late season hunting trip in Indiana
– The importance of quality late season food sources at this time of year
– Why quality late season bedding cover can be equally as important as food, but sometimes harder to find
– Dan’s late season hunting plan for his final weeks of the 2014 season in Iowa
– Lots of conversation on how weather (temperatures, wind and precipitation) impacts late season hunting opportunities
– An interesting discussion around lowering standards towards the end of the season
– Why deer are even more sensitive to hunting pressure at this time of year
– In detail, my plans for the late season in Michigan
– What I’ve done on one of my Michigan properties to improve the habitat for late season hunting
– Why I tend to avoid morning sits during the late season
– How Dan uses a “bump & dump” strategy at this time of year
– Why details and the little things matter so much during the late season
– What constitutes a late season “drone strike”
– And much more!
Show Notes, Resources, Links:
– As mentioned at the end of the show, this week we’re giving away two Stic-n-Pic trail camera stands. To be eligible to win “Like” both the Wired To Hunt and Nine Finger Chronicles Facebook pages, and then “Like” the post about this giveaway at the top of the Nine Finger Chronicles Page. We’ll then pick a winner from the group of eligible names on the podcast next week!
– If you’re looking for more late season hunting advice, I’ve shared a lot of it on the blog over the years, here are a few of those articles…
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our guide to the “Top 10 Must Have Resources for the Whitetail Addict” for FREE!
Enjoy this podcast today? Please share it with your fellow huntin buddies!