Today on the show, we’re excited to be joined by our special guest Eva Shockey to discuss the rise of female participation in hunting, how to handle “hunter-haters” and much, much more.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Why Dan was so excited after the 2015 ATA show
– How the 2015 ATA show went for Eva Shockey
– The story of how Eva got into hunting, what her dad did to introduce her to the sport, and the full scoop on her first actual hunt
– Why Eva believes that more women are getting into hunting recently
– Eva’s advice for women that are on the fence about hunting
– How Eva feels about being a role model to female hunters and what that responsibility means to her
– What the greatest challenges are for women getting into hunting
– Eva’s thoughts on why female hunters like Kendal Jones, Melissa Bachman and herself have received so much hate from anti-hunters
– Our thoughts on the importance of representing hunters positively and how our words and behavior reflect on the entire hunting population
– The most important messages that Eva wants to use her platform to get across to people
– What Eva’s advice would be for someone facing harassment about being a hunter
– Our thoughts on smiling in photos with a dead animal and how non-hunters interpret that
– Eva’s thoughts on her favorite animal to hunt
– The scoop on whether or not Eva will be coming out with her own show!
– And much more!
Show Notes, Resources, Links:
– If you haven’t heard it already, be sure to listen to our interview with Eva’s dad Jim on Episode #19 of The Wired To Hunt Podcast
– You can also learn more about their Outdoor Channel show Jim Shockey’s Hunting Adventures by clicking the link
– If you missed last week’s episode of the podcast, in which we interviewed my wife and friend about what it’s like being married to whitetails addicts, make sure to catch it here –> The Wired To Hunt Podcast – Episode #38: Hunting Widows
– We touched on the ATA show a bit, and if you’re interested in what products I thought were the most interesting from the show, check out this article –> 9 Most Interesting New Products From 2015 ATA Show
– Also be sure to follow along with my co-host Dan’s adventures at The Nine Finger Chronicles
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our guide to the “Top 10 Must Have Resources for the Whitetail Addict” for FREE!
Enjoy this podcast today? Please share it with your fellow huntin buddies!