Today on the show we’re discussing the “post-season lull” and what to do with your time in these months just after deer season ends. Spoiler alert: there’s lots to do! Enjoy!
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– How Dan has messed up every episode of The Wired To Hunt Podcast up until now
– The secret to killing big bucks
– Some thoughts on post-season scouting, why you should be scouting this time of year and what to look for
– The importance of upgrading gear, when needed, and checking on all of your current gear, cleaning it, organizing, etc
– How to “check inventory” post-season and uses for trail cameras during the post-season
– Why we research new properties and hunting areas in the post-season and a few tips for doing this
– Why it’s important to use these months to read and research
– The importance of working on basic physical fitness at this time of year
– On brownie points
– Thoughts on setting priorities
Show Notes, Resources, Links:
– For more insight into “The Secret to Killing Big Bucks“, click the link
– Be sure to check out the 7 Greatest Dangers of Trail Cameras
– We discussed the importance of timing in regards to shed hunting, and in this article we dive into that topic more. “When Should You Start Shed Hunting?”
– One of my big recommendations for this time of year was to read, so if you’re looking for a good book check this list out (it includes “A Hunter’s Heart) – The Ultimate Recommended Reading List for Hunters
– As we mentioned on the show, we want to hear your requests for who you’d like to hear on the podcast this year. Click this link to leave your suggestions –> “Who Do You Want To Hear On The Wired To Hunt Podcast?”
– Interested in hearing more about Dan’s thoughts on staying healthy and how that helps hunting, check out his most recent blog – “Hunting Health”
– Also be sure to follow along with my co-host Dan’s other adventures at The Nine Finger Chronicles
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our guide to the “Top 10 Must Have Resources for the Whitetail Addict” for FREE!
Enjoy this podcast today? Please share it with your fellow huntin buddies!