Today on the show we’re joined by renowned wildlife biologist and whitetail manager Dr. Grant Woods to discuss how we can handle whitetail management adversity. There are numerous challenges facing deer & deer hunters today, and in this episode we tackle those issues.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Dr. Grant Woods’ diagnosis of the current status of whitetails and whitetail hunting in North America
-What Grant believes are the greatest issues facing deer and deer hunters at this time
– Grant’s thoughts on the agencies and hunters varying levels of responsibility for whitetail herds and management
– How to assess the health of your local whitetail herd
– How to determine whether or not your deer herd is at the right level
– What to do when disease affects your herd
– Grant’s thoughts on captive deer herds
– How to handle increased predation on your hunting property
– What to do if habitat loss is an issue in your area
– Grant’s single most important take-away for deer hunters
– And much more!
Show Notes, Resources, Links:
– For more great information from Dr. Grant Woods, visit GrowingDeer.TV
– If you missed the podcast episode with Kip Adams, that we referred to in the beginning of this show, click this link to listen
– Be sure to follow along with my co-host Dan’s other adventures at The Nine Finger Chronicles
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our guide to the “Top 10 Must Have Resources for the Whitetail Addict” for FREE!
Enjoy this podcast today? Please share it with your fellow huntin buddies!