Today on the show we’re joined by Robert Hanneman of Huntin’ Fool to dive into everything a whitetail hunter needs to know to plan a successful western big game hunt.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Where me and Dan are going for our first “W2H Podcast Hunt”!
– What Huntin’ Fool is and why you might be interested in it
– How to begin planning a western big game hunt for something other than whitetails
– What to make of the various application and drawing systems out west
– What states should new western hunters consider first?
– Tips for hunting Alaska
– Advice for hunting in bear country
– Top 5 tips for preparing for mountain hunting
– How to cut costs when purchasing gear
– What kind of optics do you need
– DIY or outfitter
– Hunting tactics for mule deer and elk in high country
– And much more!
Show Notes, Resources, Links:
– To take advantage of the resources at Huntin’ Fool, click this link
– Here’s the link to our first episode about our personal experiences planning for our first western trips
– Click here to see the video we mentioned of the story of the huge Colorado mule deer killed in 2014
– Be sure to follow along with my co-host Dan’s other adventures at The Nine Finger Chronicles
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our guide to the “Top 10 Must Have Resources for the Whitetail Addict” for FREE!
Enjoy this podcast today? Please share it with your fellow huntin buddies!