Today on the show, we’re discussing a slightly different topic than usual. In this episode we’re joined by Outdoor Life Magazine Editor-in-Chief Andrew McKean and we’re discussing how to make a living in the outdoor industry. If you’ve ever dreamed of combining your passion with your work, this episode is for you.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– The story of the path that led Andrew McKean to his current role as Editor-in-Chief of Outdoor Life Magazine
– The keys to Andrew’s success
– Advice for getting started in the Outdoor media industry
– The best and worst things about working in the hunting/outdoor industry?
– Insight into the April 2015 Outdoor Life feature of six different people making a living in the outdoor industry
– Consistencies between those people that can make it in the hunting/fishing world
– Best advice for people wanting to make a living in the outdoor industry
– And much more!
Show Notes, Resources, Links:
– Be sure to check out OutdoorLife.com for more details on the April 2015 feature we discussed
– You can also follow Outdoor Life on Facebook for further updates
– If you’re interested in more insight into my experience getting into the outdoor industry, check out this interview I did on the Bowhunting Freedom Podcast
– Be sure to pick up one of the brand new Wired To Hunt hats and shirts
– See more of Dan’s adventures at TheNineFingerChronicles.com
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our guide to the “Top 10 Must Have Resources for the Whitetail Addict” for FREE!
Enjoy this podcast today? Please share it with your fellow huntin buddies!