Today on the show we’re discussing all things firearms and gun hunting with Luke Wilkinson, a firearm design engineer with Remington Arms.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– An introduction to Luke Wilkinson and what he does as a firearm design engineer
– Advice on how to choose the right firearm to deer hunt
– Best rifle to start deer hunting with and recommendations for women or children
– What you get when you upgrade to a more expensive gun
– What’s the best overall caliber for deer hunting?
– Thoughts on “modern sporting rifles” for deer hunting
– Do you need the expensive ammo?
– The importance of optics on your firearms
– Prepping your gun for the season
– Establishing a proper practice regimen and sighting in your gun correctly
– Tips on maintenance for your gun
– How gun hunting differs from bow hunting
– Thoughts on long range shooting
– And much more!
Show Notes, Resources, Links:
– I mentioned a story about a 210″ buck I was writing, during our introduction, that got me pumped up for deer hunting – read that here
– Be sure to pick up one of the brand new Wired To Hunt hats and shirts
– See more of Dan’s adventures at TheNineFingerChronicles.com
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our guide to the “Top 10 Must Have Resources for the Whitetail Addict” for FREE!
Enjoy this podcast today? Please share it with your fellow huntin buddies!