Today on the show we’re joined by Russ Mason of the Michigan DNR to discuss deer diseases such as CWD and EHD, and the challenges of managing a state’s whitetail herd.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– What Russ Mason does as the Chief wildlife officer for the Michigan DNR
– The full lowdown on what Chronic Wasting Disease is and how it effects whitetail deer
– All the details of the recently announced discovery of CWD in a wild Michigan deer
– The inside scoop on the full plan for dealing with CWD in Michigan
– Insight into how to minimize the risks of CWD and how we might contain it
– The best and worst case scenarios for CWD in MI and across the country
– What a CWD outbreak means for deer hunters
– An overview of how EHD impacts deer and what we hunters need to know about it
– The challenge of improving hunter and wildlife agency relations and much more insight into what the view looks like from a DNR perspective
– And so much more. This is a fascinating and frank conversation you don’t want to miss.
Show Notes, Resources, Links:
– Take advantage of the Father’s Day promotion being offered to Wired To Hunt listeners by our friends at Redneck Blinds by visiting RedneckBlinds.com and using promo code WIRED to get $100 off a bale blind or $10 off a portable hunting chair
– To learn more about about our podcast sponsor Sitka Gear, visit their website here and check out their new line of whitetail gear for 2015
– For more details about the CWD situation in Michigan, visit the MI DNR website here
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our guide to the “Top 10 Must Have Resources for the Whitetail Addict” for FREE!
Enjoy this podcast today? Please share it with your fellow huntin buddies!