Today on the show we’re joined by Erich Long of Drumming Log Wildlife Management and we’re diving into summer habitat projects and much more.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Who Erich Long is and what he does with whitetails
– What questions you should be asking when beginning to think through improving your property’s habitat for deer
– How to properly set hunting expectations for your hunting property and for each season
– The top projects you can take on this summer to improve your hunting property
– Long’s research on how trail cameras might be spooking deer
– The importance of “learning your deer herd”
– Recommended food plots for summer planting and general advice for food plotters
– How to improve native vegetation for deer
– The #1 deer management tool – the chainsaw and how to use it best
– The most common mistake hunters make
– How to age deer on the hoof
– And much more!
Show Notes, Resources, Links:
– Get more information on Erich and Drumming Log Wildlife Management on his website here
– To view The Management Advantage web videos, click here
– Check out the deer aging video from QDMA here
– To learn more about about our podcast sponsor Sitka Gear, visit their website here and check out their new line of whitetail gear for 2015
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our guide to the “Top 10 Must Have Resources for the Whitetail Addict” for FREE!
Enjoy this podcast today? Please share it with your fellow huntin buddies!