Today on the show Dan and I are discussing a topic that all hunters love debating. The timing of the rut.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Dan’s best day of hunting during the rut
– What the science says about the timing of the rut and the most popular theory for its timing
– Details regarding the Alsheimer/Laroche lunar theory about the timing of the rut
– How our observations compare with past Alsheimer/Laroche rut predictions
– Our thoughts on the two main rut timing theories
– Other factors that impact timing and intensity of rutting activity
– What we would predict as the 4 best days to hunt during the rut
– Lesser hyped periods of time during the rut that might be worth targeting and why
– And much more
Show Notes, Resources, Links:
– For more information about rut predictions and theories, check out our full blog post on this very topic.
– The new Wired To Hunt decals are now up for sale – click here to check them out!
– Use the hashtag #W2HPodcast61 on Twitter or Facebook to share your prediction for the best 4 days of the rut this year
– To learn more about about our podcast sponsor Sitka Gear, visit their website here and check out their new line of whitetail gear for 2015
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our guide to the “Top 10 Must Have Resources for the Whitetail Addict” for FREE!
Enjoy this podcast today? Please share it with your fellow huntin buddies!