Today on the show we’re talking about hunting highly pressured deer, and joining us is one of my greatest hunting influences, John Eberhart.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– How my first trail camera pull of the year went
– Who John Eberhart is and how he got into bowhunting and writing about whitetails
– The biggest difference between hunting in a low hunting pressure area versus high hunting pressure
– The key to locating mature bucks in heavily pressured areas
– Eberhart’s ideal stand set-ups for early season and the rut
– Primary scrapes areas; what they are and why Eberhart recommends hunting them
– When and how John sets his stands
– How Eberhart uses trail cameras
– Hunting October mornings – yes or no?
– How Eberhart uses rubs in his hunting strategy
– Calling/decoying in pressured settings
– Late season hunting advice
– And much more
Show Notes, Resources, Links:
– To learn more about John, his DVDs and his books visit his website here
– Check out John’s new blog series for ScentLok here
– Here’s a link to our review of John’s latest book
– To learn more about about our podcast sponsor Sitka Gear, visit their website here and check out their new line of whitetail gear for 2015
– The new Wired To Hunt decals are now up for sale – click here to check them out!
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our guide to the “Top 10 Must Have Resources for the Whitetail Addict” for FREE!
Enjoy this podcast today? Please share it with your fellow huntin buddies!