Today on the show we’re diving deep into the deer hunting secrets of renowned big buck hunter and host of Whitetail Freaks TV, Don Kisky. (PS – fast forward to about 14:00 if you want to skip our rambling intro, which this week includes a dream involving a hip-hop buck and a mule deer scouting update.)
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– How my first 2015 scouting trip for mule deer went
– What Whitetail Freaks TV is all about
– What the most important key to success is for Don Kisky
– What the Kisky’s summer scouting regiment looks like and what it looks like during the season
– How cattle on a property might impact deer activity
– How much property the Kisky’s hunt
– Don’s thoughts on hunting October mornings
– How crop rotation impacts deer patterns
– Don’s tactics for adjusting stands mid-season
– How wind factors into the Kisky whitetail strategy
– Kisky’s habitat management tactics
– How Don creates ideal entry/exit routes
– Don’s favorite times to hunt big, mature whitetails
– And much, much more
Show Notes, Resources, Links:
– Visit WhitetailFreaks.com to learn more about Don Kisky and the Whitetail Freaks show
– To learn more about about our podcast sponsor Sitka Gear, visit their website here and check out their new line of whitetail gear for 2015. And visit SitkaGear.com/Diverge to enter the Diverge photo contest
– And to learn more about Hunterra Maps, visit Hunterra.com
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!
Enjoy this podcast today? Please share it with your fellow huntin buddies!