Today on the show we’re exploring the original and most important reason for hunting. Food! And joining us is acclaimed food author and blogger, Hank Shaw.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Another update on our trail camera bet
– Who Hank Shaw is and why he’s the one to talk to us about butchering and cooking venison
– The key things to keep in mind when recovering your deer in the field to ensure quality meat
– Thoughts on which organ meats you should try
– Do older deer really taste different than younger ones?
– Should you hang and age your deer?
– Can anyone/everyone process their own deer?
– What tools do you need to process your own deer?
– Advice for breaking down a deer
– Should you add fat to your burger?
– How to cook the perfect venison steak, burger and stew
– Recommended wine pairings and side dishes for venison
– And much, much more
Show Notes, Resources, Links:
– If you want to learn more about Hank Shaw or check out his recipes, visit honest-food.net
– To learn more about about our podcast sponsor Sitka Gear, visit their website here and check out their new line of whitetail gear for 2015.
– And to learn more about Hunterra Maps, visit Hunterra.com. Use promo code WIRED to get 10% off
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!
Enjoy this podcast today? Please share it with your fellow huntin buddies!