Today on the show we’re going to be chatting with one of the country’s most prolific big buck killers, Adam Hays, and we’re discussing the strategies that have helped him kill three 200″ bucks! Grab a pen and paper folks, this is a good one!
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Who Adam Hays is
– The greatest lesson that Adam has learned over the course of the hunts for his three 200″ bucks
– How deer use the wind in their favor, and how we as hunters need to understand that and how to take advantage of it
– How Adam scouts and locates the biggest bucks and how they use a property
– The importance of being mobile
– How Adam uses the moon to predict increased deer movement
– Why Adam uses the “moon guide”
– Hays’ thoughts on how weather/pressure and other factors impact deer movement
– The importance of being patient and waiting for high quality conditions before diving in to your best hunting spots
– How Adam uses observation stands
– How Hays kills big bucks in October
– Insight into the Bump & Dump tactic
Show notes, resources, links:
– For more information about Adam Hays and his show Team 200, visit 200Inch.com
– If you’d like to learn more about the Moon Guide, which Adam uses frequently (and is a co-owner of now) visit MoonGuide.com
– To learn more about about our podcast sponsor Sitka Gear, visit their website here and check out their new line of whitetail gear for 2015.
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
Enjoy this podcast today? Please share it with your fellow huntin buddies!