Today on the show we’re joined by Jeff Sturgis and we’re talking about cold fronts, properly timing hunts and killing pre-rut and rutting bucks.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Updates on our Iowa hunts last weekend
– Why Jeff Sturgis believes it’s so important to properly time our hunts
– The top criteria Jeff pays attention to when planning his hunts
– Jeff’s thoughts on cold fronts, the moon, barometric pressure and how changing wind speeds impact deer movement
– Jeff’s predictions for the next week of hunting based on the upcoming forecast
– Advice on where and how to hunt during the pre-rut – these final days in October
– Thoughts on how to think about the wind in hilly country
– How bucks use the wind and topography during the pre-rut and rut
– What triggers the rut
– How long can you hunt a stand before deer start avoiding it?
– How and where to hunt during the rut
– When is the best time of day to switch stands?
– And much, much more
Show notes, resources, links:
– Be sure to check out our first episode with Jeff Sturgis, Ep #11
– To learn more from Jeff or to pick up a copy of his books, visit WhitetailHabitatSolutions.com
– To check out our new podcast, Whitetail Q&A, search for it on iTunes or visit WiredToHunt.com/Whitetailqa
– To learn more about about our podcast sponsor Sitka Gear, visit their website here and check out their new line of whitetail gear for 2015.
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!