Today on the show we’re joined by Kip Adams of the Quality Deer Management Association to discuss the current state of whitetails in North America and how things have changed over the last year.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Kips high level impressions on if the whitetail situation in North America is better, worse or about the same as it was in early 2015
– Was the reduction in deer harvest/population over recent years a crash or a correction?
– Some agencies reduced bag limits and antlerless opportunity in 2015 to try and boost populations, did these work?
– How we as individual hunters/managers can be better stewards of our local deer herds
– The latest trends related to the age structure of deer harvest across the US
– How state game agencies estimate deer harvests
– What the greatest challenges facing deer/deer hunters in 2016
– Where things stand with deer disease issues in NA
– The declining number wildlife enforcement officers
– Update on public access on state lands for deer hunters
– Should other non-hunting users pay for access to public lands?
– Changes in fawn recruitment rate nationally, and what that means for average hunters
– And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To learn more about the Quality Deer Management Association, click here.
– Check out the free download of the 2016 Whitetail Report
– Join the QDMA by clicking here
– To check out our new podcast, Whitetail Q&A, search for it on iTunes or visit WiredToHunt.com/Whitetailqa
– To learn more about our sponsor of this podcast episode, Bear Archery, visit BearArchery.com
– To learn more about about our podcast sponsor Sitka Gear, visit their website here and check out their new line of whitetail gear for 2015.
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!