Today on the show we’re joined by Randy Newberg to discuss one of the greatest threats to public lands and public land hunting in America. This is an episode you don’t want to miss, whether you hunt private or public land, east coast, west coast or in between.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Why Dan and I had to vent a little about politics, anti-hunters and the like
– An update on how Randy’s 2015 hunting season went
– What are the basics of this “Transfer of Public Lands” issue and why we need to be concerned about it
– Why do some people want to transfer federal public lands to the states
– Why state management isn’t all it’s cracked up to be
– Why it’s likely that state ownership of federal public lands would likely lead to many of those lands being sold
– The history of federal and state public land in America
– Why this issue matters to whitetail hunters
– Why the federal government does have challenges managing public land at times
– Who specifically is driving this goal of transferring or selling public lands
– What we can do about this issue
– And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– For more from Randy Newberg, visit RandyNewberg.com
– To check out our new podcast, Whitetail Q&A, search for it on iTunes or visit WiredToHunt.com/Whitetailqa
– To learn more about our sponsor of this podcast episode, Trophy Ridge, visit TrophyRidge.com
– To learn more about about our podcast sponsor Sitka Gear, visit their website here and check out their new line of whitetail gear for 2015.
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!