Today on the show we’re diving into the mind of big buck killer Ben Rising with the goal of discovering exactly how he’s killing the deer he is, on such a consistent basis.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– The latest on what Dan and I have been up to, our shed hunting plans, and my first deer hunting “presentation”
– Who Ben Rising is
– What sets the most successful hunters apart from others
– What types of properties Ben is hunting on
– How to identify a buck’s “weakness”
– How Ben would go about learning a new property
– Ben’s summer scouting regimen
– Why Ben thinks a lot of hunters make mistakes with trail cameras
– Ben’s scent control process
– When to get aggressive and change set-ups
– How Ben believes mature bucks use the wind
– Hunting mornings in the early and late season – good or bad?
– What Ben thinks is the most common mistake average hunters make
– Terrain features that Ben keys in on for big bucks
– How Ben hunts the rut
– And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To check out our new podcast, Whitetail Q&A, search for it on iTunes or visit WiredToHunt.com/Whitetailqa
– To learn more about about our podcast sponsor Sitka Gear, visit their website here and check out their new line of whitetail gear for 2015.
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!