Today on the show we’re joined by outdoor writer Tony Peterson to discuss how he consistently kills mature bucks on public land.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Host updates from Michigan and Iowa and a few words on girlscout cookies
– An introduction to who Tony Peterson is and why he hunts public land
– The highs/lows of being an outdoor writer
– Thoughts on setting quality goals/expectations
– How to find quality public land with online research/maps
– Why Tony loves moving water on a piece of public land
– Best states for public land hunting
– Public land scouting advice
– Best times to hunt public land whitetails
– Tony’s public land treestand set-up
– Thoughts on cutting lanes on public land when you’re hunting right then
– When to stay put and when to make a move
– How to adjust when another hunter mucks up your spot
– The importance of positive attitude when hunting public land
– Locating staging areas
– And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– For more from Tony, visit Bowhunter.com
– To check out our new podcast, Whitetail Q&A, search for it on iTunes or visit WiredToHunt.com/Whitetailqa
– To learn more about about our podcast sponsor Sitka Gear, visit their website here and check out their new line of whitetail gear for 2015.
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!