Today on the show we’re joined by wildlife biologist Jeremy Flinn to discuss all sorts of advice for managing your hunting property, public land hunting and much more.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– What’s new with Dan and I so far this summer
– Who Jeremy Flinn is and what he’s done in relation to whitetails
– What Jeremy learned about aging bucks while completing his master’s degree in wildlife biology/management
– Advice for better aging deer on the hoof
– What you should be thinking about when starting to manage a new property for deer
– How Jeremy analyzed his new property and determined what was good about it, what needed work, and how to eventually improve it
– How to learn a new property to hunt it
– Should you make habitat improvements in year 1?
– Insight into how Bill Winke uses food plots to improve his hunting property
– The biggest food plot mistakes people make
– Are man made water holes needed?
– How to understand your deer population and do you need to conduct trail camera surveys?
– Why the southern rut is different than the north
– Most important things to consider when hunting small private properties
– Advice for hunting public land
– And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– Sitka Gear’s new 2016 products are now online, so visit their website here to check them out!
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!