Today on the show we’re joined by Tim Burnett, the host of the Solo Hunter TV show and an avid western hunter, and we’re talking western whitetail hunting, self filming and much more.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– What Dan is doing this week
– Who Tim Burnett is and some insight into his background with Solo Hunter
– A few thoughts on getting into the outdoor industry
– Tim Burnett’s whitetail hunting background
– How to hunt early September whitetails
– Locating and scouting whitetails in western states
– When to move in on a deer after observing for awhile
– Stands, ground blinds or spot/stalk for western whitetails?
– Early season morning hunting thoughts
– Why you might want to try a western whitetail hunt or other big game
– Tim’s favorite type of hunting
– Highcountry mule deer hunting advice
– Advice for a first time western hunt
– Advice for those wanting to start filming your hunts
– The biggest mistake people make when filming hunts
– Recommended gear for self filming
– How media and social media might be negatively impacting hunting and expectations
– And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– Fore more from Tim Burnett, visit SoloHNTR.com and be sure to check out Tim on Instagram and Facebook as well
– Sitka Gear’s new 2016 products are now online, so visit their website here to check them out!
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!