Today on the show we’re joined by Land Tawney, the CEO and President of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers, to discuss public lands conservation and what BHA is doing that we deer hunters should care about.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Who Land Tawney is and how he became the CEO/President of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
– What Backcountry Hunters & Anglers is all about
– What BHA focuses on from an advocacy standpoint
– How BHA is helping causes important to deer hunters across the country, specifically in the Midwest, Northeast and elsewhere
– What’s up with hunters getting flack when stand up for the environment and wildlife habitat?
– How politicians look at the outdoor/hunting community and a look at the politics of hunting/fishing/conservation
– A few thoughts on Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump’s public lands policy proposals
– What’s new with the threat of the transfer/sale of public lands
– What we hunters can do to fight for public lands and conservation
– Recommended resources for learning about the history of hunter-conservationists
– What’s in the future for BHA?
– And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To learn more or to become a member, visit BackcountryHunters.org
– Sitka Gear’s new 2016 products are now online, so visit their website here to check them out!
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!