Today on the show we’re joined by David Draper, a freelance outdoor writer and wild game cooking expert, to discuss open country whitetail hunting and our favorite food, venison.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Our thoughts on time travel
– An introduction to who David Draper is
– Which is harder to hunt – whitetails or mule deer?
– What makes hunting open country whitetails so unique
– How to scout whitetails in open country?
– What are some of states we think are the best for whitetails?
– Whitetail sleeper states
– Why fewer does in your area might be better for your rut hunting
– The types of terrain features to key in on when hunting open country
– Dave’s favorite way to cook venison
– How to cook venison shanks
– Advice for better grilling of venison
– Sauce and topping ideas for better venison steaks
– And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– Sitka Gear’s new 2016 products are now online, so visit their website here to check them out!
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!