Today on the show we’re joined by Whitetail Properties land specialist and whitetail habitat consultant Jake Ehlinger to talk about micro-managing small properties for big deer.
(Skip to 12:30 if you want to avoid our strange and rambling introduction)
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Who Jake Ehlinger is and what he does in the whitetail world
– An in-depth examination of Jake Ehlinger’s small Michigan property and what it was like before he began habitat projects
– What Jake has done to improve his small MI property for deer hunting
– What Jake’s property looks like today
– How Jake uses human-created bedding areas and micro-food plots to direct deer movement
– What kind of results Jake’s land improvements have led to
– Food plot advice for small properties
– How Jake hunts his small property
– Advice on hinge cutting
– Should you create individual buck beds?
– What you should consider when managing/hunting super small properties – 10 to 20 acres?
– How to position your food plots on a small property
– How to grow older deer on small properties
– The importance of timing your hunts
– And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– For Jake’s whitetail habitat consulting business, visit HabitatSolutions360.com
– And to get ahold of Jake through Whitetail Properties, click here
– Sitka Gear’s new 2016 products are now online, so visit their website here to check them out!
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!