Today on the show we’re joined by Eddie Claypool, a freelance outdoor writer and super successful whitetail bowhunter to discuss DIY public and private land hunting strategies.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Who Eddie Claypool is and how he got his start as a bowhunter and outdoor writer
– Can the average guy or girl kill good bucks, on a budget, on their own in a new area?
– Why Eddie prefers DIY hunts on unmanaged lands
– How to begin choosing where to go on your DIY whitetail trip
– Finding quality public land areas to hunt
– How to travel cheaply by camping or finding cheap rental units
– How to identify quality stand locations on public land
– Identifying rut travel corridors and funnels
– The importance of positive attitude while hunting
– How Eddie plans a hunt on a new property, as far stand locations, etc
– How to handle an all day sit
– Eddie’s typical treestand set-ups
– And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– Sitka Gear’s new 2016 products are now online, so visit their website here to check them out!
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!