Today on the podcast we’re joined again by outdoor writer Steve Bartylla and we’re diving deep into the strategies and insights that have led to his consistent and impressive whitetail success. This one is absolutely loaded with game-changing advice, so get ready to take some notes and pay close attention. Enjoy!
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– How Steve Bartylla’s summer prep has gone so far this season
– What it means to “push the envelope” when deer hunting
– How to stack the odds when planning a stand location and the little things that make it better
– How to use trail cameras to steer deer closer to your stands
– Using mock scrapes to improve stand sites and keep deer on your property longer
– How to best create mock scrape trees
– In-depth and alternative thoughts to using sanctuaries
– How understanding the hierarchy of doe family groups can help you hunt the rut
– How to pattern bucks during the rut
– How to get better at knowing what big bucks are telling us
– Steve’s thoughts on the rut phases
– Understanding when to strike
– And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– Visit DeerLab.com/w2h to try DeerLab for free for 30 days
– Visit the Team 200 website
– Joe’s hunt brokerage company can be found at SportingAdv.com
– Sitka Gear’s new 2016 products are now online, so visit their website here to check them out!
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!