Today on the show I’m joined by outdoor writer Tony Hansen and we’re getting into the details of how he approaches the challenge of bowhunting for mature bucks in areas of heavy hunting pressure.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Who Tony Hansen is
– How Tony killed a 160 class buck on heavily hunted Michigan ground
– How the rut is different in heavily hunted areas
– How warm temperatures may or may not impact the rut
– How Tony uses trail cameras
– Can sanctuaries work even when surrounded by other hunters?
– How bucks use wind to their advantage
– Early season hunting plans
– Late season hunting in areas like Michigan
– How to find quality hunting areas in heavily hunted states
– Buying the right small property
– How to improve habitat on properties in high pressure regions
– And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– Tony Hansen’s Outdoor Life blogs can be read here
– Sitka Gear’s new 2016 products are now online, so visit their website here to check them out!
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!