Today on the show we are joined by Janis Putelis, producer of the Meateater TV show, and we’re discussing the implications of social media on the future of hunting, recent mainstream media frenzies related to hunting, the importance of how hunters present ourselves to the outside world, and much more.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Who Janis Putelis is and how he got started working for Meateater TV
– What all goes into producing an episode of Meateater
– What, if any, thought went into the production of Meateater in regards to how it is perceived by non-hunters or new hunters
– Thoughts on the current quality of hunting media
– Our thoughts on the Bowmar bear spearing incident
– Is social media good or bad for hunting?
– Are hunters doing enough to present a positive image of hunting?
– Does it matter?
– The power of venison diplomacy
– How the Meateater hunting season has gone so far
– Advice for a first-time DIY Alaskan hunting trip
– And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To pick up a Hunt2Eat t-shirt, click here
– Check out the Meateater TV show and podcast by clicking here
– Click here to check out CamoFire.com for great daily deals on hunting gear
– Sitka Gear’s new 2016 products are now online, so visit their website here to check them out!
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!