Today on the show we’re joined by Todd Mead, a wildly successful deer hunter who’s going to share with us how he’s managed to kill big mature bucks all the way from the big woods mountains of New York to the public lands of the Midwest.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Who Todd Mead is and how he got into hunting mature bucks
– What it’s like to hunt in the big woods mountains of the Northeast
– How to begin the process of finding deer in big timber
– What funneling features can be keyed in on in these areas
– How Todd uses deer sign in his hunting strategy
– Using trail cameras in the big woods
– How to mentally handle the struggle of hunting areas with low deer densities
– How to find bedding and feeding areas in the big woods mountains
– The biggest mistake hunters make in the big woods
– Using tracks to improve hunting success
– How Todd finds quality areas of public land to hunt in the Midwest
– The portable canoe Todd uses to access public land by water
– How to begin hunting/scouting new public land
– How Todd hunts throughout a week hunt in the Midwest
– Dealing with other hunters on public land
– Todd’s on-the-go treestand set-up for new properties
– The benefits of trusting your gut
– And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– Visit MavenBuilt.com to learn more about Maven optics
– Sitka Gear’s new 2016 products are now online, so visit their website here to check them out!
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!