Today on the show we’re joined by outdoor writer and renowned deer hunter Don Higgins to discuss exactly how he hunts big mature bucks during the various phases of the rut!
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– How Don Higgins’ hunting season has gone so far
– What Don does about bucks that disappear in the early fall
– Thoughts on nocturnal bucks
– How Don approaches the pre-rut timeframe
– Does the weather matter during the rut?
– How the moon might impact rutting activity
– How Don’s rut hunting strategy changes throughout the month of November
– The best areas for stand-sites in November
– Should you risk hunting a good spot with a sub-par wind during the rut?
– How mature bucks use the wind
– The best days to hunt all day
– How to hunt small properties during the rut
– And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To learn more about Don Higgins and his books, visit HigginsOutdoors.com
– To learn more about Maven optics, visit MavenBuilt.com
– Sitka Gear’s new 2016 products are now online, so visit their website here to check them out!
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!