Today on the show we’re talking venison and I’m joined by wild game chef, cookbook author and the host of The Sporting Chef TV show, Scott Leysath.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Who Scott Leysath is and how he got to be “The Sporting Chef”
– Which cuts of venison should be cooked hot/fast, which should be cooked low/slow
– Why you should avoid powdered meat tenderizers
– Should you cut venison with the grain or against?
– How to properly rest venison
– Best way to cook a venison hamburger
– Unique ideas for ground venison
– Venison marinading advice
– Recommended holiday venison appetizers
– Venison recipes for Christmas dinner!
– And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To learn more about Scott Leysath, visit TheSportingChef.com
– Head over to RedneckBlinds.com and used promo code WIRED to get $100 off bale blinds, $50 off soft side blinds, and $20 off their hunting chairs and feeders
– Sitka Gear’s new 2016 products are now online, so visit their website here to check them out!
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!