Today on the show we are joined by public land hunting guru Tony Peterson, and we’re going to be dissecting his incredibly successful 2016 hunting season in which he killed 3 public land bucks across 3 different states, plus another buck on private!
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Dan’s late season hunting update
– My final doe of the season
– How my first experience deer heart went
– Why Tony Peterson mostly stopped using trail cameras in 2016
– How he scouted and killed a public on public land in South Dakota
– Why Tony likes water sources when hunting public land
– How to scout public land in person
– Tony’s Wisconsin big woods hunting strategies
– Should you hunt mornings on public land adventures?
– Why Tony focuses on rubs but not scrapes
– To trim branches or not when hang/hunting a new property during the season
– How Tony filled his Minnesota tag and why the set-up worked
– How to develop a gut instinct
– What mistakes Tony made this past season and what lessons he learned
– And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– Sitka Gear’s new 2016 products are now online, so visit their website here to check them out!
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!