Today on the show we’re joined by expert shed hunter and the author of the one and only book on shed hunting -Joe Shead. And as you might have guessed, we’re talking shed hunting!
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Our shed hunting updates so far this winter
– How shed hunting can lead to future hunting opportunities
– The latest on attempts to sell our public lands
– Who Joe Shead is, how he got started shed hunting and where he enjoys shed hunting most
– How Joe approaches the shed season
– Joe talks about his take on “shed hunting rules”
– Insight into the antler dropping process
– When you should begin shed hunting
– How to scout for sheds
– What equipment to bring when shed hunting
– How Joe shed hunts a specific property
– What are the best places to look for sheds
– How to get better at actually seeing sheds
– And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To pick up a copy of Joe’s book on shed hunting, visit Goshedhunting.com
– To learn more about Sitka Gear, visit their website here.
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!