Today on the show we are joined by wildlife biologist Kip Adams of the Quality Deer Management Association and we’re discussing the 2017 state of the whitetail – including deer harvest numbers and trends from across the country, updates on important issues impacting deer and deer hunting, and the latest on diseases such as EHD and CWD.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– How Kip Adams’ 2016 hunting season went
– How Kip’s hunting camp has been able to produce large numbers of mature bucks in a heavily hunted area of Pennsylvania
– What’s new with the Quality Deer Management Association
– How well of a job are our wildlife agencies doing when it comes to managing deer populations and hunter relations
– The latest deer harvest numbers and trends and what they mean
– Was the recent deer harvest decline a serious concern or simply a course correction?
– What’s happening with fawn recruitment rates across the nation and why it’s concerning
– Habitat changes that are impacting deer
– How/why urban deer management is becoming a hot-button topic across the country
– The latest on EHD and CWD from the past year
– New thoughts on how to respond to CWD
– What do we really know about CWD
– And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To read the full 2017 Whitetail Report, click here
– And if you’re not already, become a member of the QDMA
– To learn more about Sitka Gear, visit their website here.
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!