Today on the show Dan and I are discussing our planned summer deer projects in detail, and examining what we need to get done, why we’re prioritizing these projects and how we’re going to complete these tasks as we prepare for the upcoming deer hunting season.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Dan’s latest poo story
– Exciting news about the QDMA National Convention
– A whitetail book recommendation
– Why access is becoming an issue for Dan and how he’s thinking about improving it
– The changes Dan’s making to his trail camera strategy this year
– What Dan’s summer trailcam analysis has show him and how that will change his hunting strategy this November
– Why Dan is planning mostly for rut hunts this year
– Why I’m hunting public land in Michigan
– My public land hunting scouting in Michigan so far
– My thoughts on chasing Holyfield this year
– An overview of the habitat changes I’m making on my main Michigan farm to improve my chances at Holyfield
– How I’m planning on improving a couple stand locations
– Why I’m adding water holes, fixing fake scrape trees and shifting food plots
– And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To learn more about Sitka Gear, visit their website here.
– To learn more about Brad Farris and the properties he has listed with Whitetail Properties, click this link
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!