Today on the show we are joined by Steve Scott of the Whitetail Institute of North America and we’re diving into all things food plots. We cover both beginner and advanced food plotting topics in this one, so settle in and enjoy.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Who won our Instagram hat giveaway from last week
– The story of how the food plot industry got started
– How Steve’s food plot experiences have evolved over time
– The many benefits of food plots
– What should be on our minds during the summer regarding food plots
– The risks of not using a soil test
– Do liquid fertilizers or lime work?
– What to know about mowing food plots
– How to deal with weeds in plots
– Perennials versus annuals
– How to determine what to plant in your food plot
– Thoughts on planting food plots in wet areas, dry areas and extremely acidic areas
– No-till food plot advice
– What kind of quantifiable health benefits of food plots can someone expect to see
– What are the very best food plotters in the world doing that most others aren’t
– Considerations when hunting on or near food plots
-And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To learn more about Sitka Gear, visit their website here.
– To learn more about Brad Farris and the properties he has listed with Whitetail Properties, click this link
– Call Whitetail Institute at 1-800-688-3030 and ask for the DVD deal for $5 from the Wired To Hunt Podcast to get their educational food plot DVD
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!