Today on the show we’ve got a special episode recorded in front a LIVE in-person audience at the 2017 QDMA National Convention, and we’re talking about how to plan and execute DIY deer hunting trips with my friend and super successful DIY deer hunter Andy May.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– How to save some cash on your QDMA membership!
– Who Andy May is and why he joined us on this podcast
– Why we enjoy trying out-of-state hunting trips
– How Andy starts deciding where to go on his hunting trips
– Tips for finding and keeping hunting permission
– How to locate the right spots to start your hunt on a short time frame
– Tips for scouting from home
– How to quickly scout a new property on foot and what to look for
– How a hunting strategy might change throughout a hunting trip
– Levels of aggression when hunting
– How Andy killed a big velvet buck on a DIY Kentucky early season bow hunt last year
– Tips for hunting more mobile – gear, preparation, etc
– Tips for saving money on a hunting trip
– Communications and GPS equipment
– Scent control ideas on a out-of-state camping/hunting trip
-And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To learn more about Sitka Gear, visit their website here.
– To learn more about Whitetail Properties, click this link
– Visit QDMA.com to become a member of QDMA
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!