Today on the show we are joined Bernie Barringer, an avid DIY whitetail bowhunter, outdoor writer and author, and we’re diving deep into public land hunting tactics, October lull tips, how to hunt scrapes and much much more.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– What Bernie has been up to lately
– The story of his 2017 Manitoba bow kill
– Bernie’s thoughts on hunting the four weeks of October and how your strategy should change
– How and why Bernie targets scrapes in late October
– When to hunt mornings in October
– Anything worthwhile with rubs?
– What’s up with this whole October lull thing?
– The benefit of using a bike on your hunting property
– Bernie’s public land gameplan in Iowa this season
– Checking trail cameras in a low impact way
– Using aggressive tactics on public land
– The common threads that link the most consistently successful deer hunters
-And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To learn more about Sitka Gear, visit their website here.
– To learn more about Whitetail Properties, click this link
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!