Today on the show we are joined by bowhunting legend Barry Wensel and we’re diving deep into his tactics and philosophies for hunting big mature bucks.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– Who Barry Wensel is and how he came to be an experienced and prolifically successful deer hunter
– Why on-the-ground scouting is so important
– How bucks use ridgelines to travel and bed
– A detailed look at how bucks use terrain when bedding
– How mature bucks check scrapes and how to take advantage of that as a hunter
– The best time to get out and scout in person
– How bucks use the wind in conjunction with terrain to travel safely
– How to put the pieces of the whitetail puzzle together
– Looking at the micro and macro features that influence how deer move and how to hunt them
– Tips for better determining how wind flows through a property
– Where to start when scouting a new property
– How to “detail” a stand location for optimum results
– Lessons Barry has learned about hunting a specific buck
-And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To learn more about Sitka Gear, visit their website here.
– To learn more about Whitetail Properties, click this link
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!