Today on the show we are joined by Tim Woods, a whitetail outfitter, a land specialist for Whitetail Properties, a blood tracking dog handler, and an all-around super serious deer hunter. And he chats with us all about hunting the whitetail rut, advice for tracking wounded deer, and much more.
To listen to the podcast, click the Play button in the orange bar above or click the links below to subscribe to the podcast through iTunes or Stitcher radio. Finally, if you’re enjoying the podcast – please leave us a review on iTunes. It would be incredibly helpful. Thanks!
What You’ll Learn In This Episode:
– An update on my first couple hunts for Holyfield and the debacles that ensued.
– Dan’s October lull hunting exploits
– Dan’s plan for his early rut hunts
– Who Tim Woods is and what he does in the whitetail world
– What all Tim does as an outfitter and how that’s helped him become a better hunter
– Dealing with heavy mast crop years
– How much can you get away with when using a vehicle to access/exit stands or trail cameras
– Using ditches for access/exit
– Recommended rut hunting set-ups
– Decoy tactics
– Keys to rut hunting success
– Lessons learned for tracking wounded deer
– When to consider using a tracking dog
-And much, much more!
Show notes, resources, links:
– To learn more about Sitka Gear, visit their website here.
– To learn more about Whitetail Properties, click this link
– If you haven’t yet, head to our podcast page to listen to our other episodes
– And be sure to enter your email in the gray box below to sign up for our newsletter and to get our “Whitetail Addict’s Monthly To-Do Checklist” for FREE!